Bio for Richard C. Bennett, D.P.M.
Greetings! Welcome and thank you for visiting my site. I sincerely hope you find it informative and helpful in your search for a caring foot doctor.
I have been a podiatrist in Illinois for the past 25 years. In this time I have become proficient in a wide range of foot and ankle problems, from routine to complex. In addition to my office I also have surgical privileges at Presence St. Joseph hospital in Lincoln Park, St. James hospital in Chicago Heights, or Gold Coast Surgery Center in Water Tower, across the hall from my office.
My office now offers the latest FDA approved treatment for fungal infections of the toenail. This new approach puts patients’ safety and comfort first. Treatment typically takes 10-20 minutes and poses no risk to serious side effects, which is a huge improvement, compared to conventional toenail fungus treatments.
Being a long distance runner, I have always been interested in foot problems and how best to resolve them. When not working, I am running or walking my two-rescued Chihuahua’s. In my spare time, I am a fundraiser and volunteer for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in Chicago where I mentor patients who have been newly diagnosed with lymphoma. I also mentor another one on one cancer support group, Imerman Angels.
- Loyola University of Chicago, B.S. Biology
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, D.P.M. degree
- West Side Veterans Administration Medical Center, residency in podiatric medicine
- St. Louis Veterans Administration Medical Center, residency in podiatric surgery
- Podiatric Orthopedics, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics, 1993
- Primary Podiatric Medicine, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine, 1997
- Foot Surgery, American Board of Podiatric Surgery, 2006
- Illinois and American Podiatric Medical Associations
- Fellow, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics
- Fellow, American Professional Wound Care Association.